- FGIA Shares Top New Stories, Blog Posts from 2023
December 21, 2023
FGIA Shares Top New Stories, Blog Posts from 2023
We here at FGIA hope you have had a happy and prosperous start to the new year. 2023 was a busy one, so we wanted to share some highlights, including the most popular news articles and blog posts. The publication of the new version of the North American Fenestration Standard at the beginning of the year dominated in both the news and blogs sections of our site, along with the passing of Rich Walker this past fall. Read on for more of what our members wanted to know about most in 2023.
Top 5 News Articles
- North American Fenestration Standard Published: The 2022 edition of AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440, North American Fenestration Standard/Specification for windows, doors, and skylights (NAFS) was published in February. The updated 2022 standard replaces the 2017 edition, representing a continued evolution of the standard to improve harmonization across North America.
- 2024 FGIA Events Sites, Dates Announced: In October, the FGIA Events Team formalized its 2024 conference and regional events schedule, beginning with the FGIA 2024 Annual Conference taking place February 19-22 in Amelia Island, FL. Registration for this event is now open!
- FGIA Mourns Loss of Rich Walker, Former AAMA President and CEO: In September, the industry said goodbye to Rich Walker, 74, former President and CEO of the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and an industry figure of momentous proportions. He is survived by his wife, Diane Walker, their two adult children, Kate and Adam and their granddaughter, Maddie Mae.
- FGIA Releases Latest Industry Review and Forecast: Each spring, FGIA releases updated market information. In 2023, a new copy of the FGIA U.S. Industry Statistical Review and Forecast came out.
- Final Schedule Announced for 2023 FGIA Annual Conference: The Annual Conference is always a large event for not just FGIA, but for the industry in general. Participants and media alike were eager to see the final schedule to make plans for the February conference.
Top 5 Blog Posts
- Fenestration Manufacturers Meet More Stringent Requirements for U.S. ENERGY STAR 7.0 as of October 23: This October Member Edge blog came just in time to let the industry know what was expected of them once the new, more stringent residential ENERGY STAR 7.0 program went into effect that month.
- Now Available | The Newest Version of the North American Fenestration Standard: The Trade Secrets blog, which doubles as the introduction to the monthly FGIA e-News, lead with the publication of NAFS in February – another topic of huge industry interest.
- Gear Up for Denver: The 2023 FGIA Fall Conference is Almost Here: This August Trade Secrets was all about the coming attractions happening at the Fall Conference in Denver, CO. That event was the site of the FGIA Product Showcase and the first-ever FGIA Has Talent event!
- Catch FGIA’s Education Sessions at GlassBuild Covering Seismic Movement, Product Certification: GlassBuild celebrated 20 years in 2023. This September Trade Secrets previewed FGIA’s role at the show, including two educational sessions led by FGIA staff.
- How Much Do Vibes Matter Online to Younger Followers? Rounding out the fifth spot was this October Socially Speaking blog post about what happens now when brands attempt humor on social media. It discusses how attitudes have changed over time and what younger consumers want from companies today.
Come what may in 2024, we will be sure to give you the rundown of what was most discussed and clicked on this time next year. Happy New Year from FGIA!