FGIA 2019/2020 U.S. Industry Market Studies Available, Now with New Sections
Every spring, we get eager emails and questions from members about the latest market information. That’s because spring is the time of year when we release the newest data available pertaining to the window, door and skylight markets in the United States. We are pleased to announce that the FGIA 2019/2020 U.S. Industry Market Studies were released on May 29. A complimentary copy was sent to the main contact of each FGIA Category 1 and 2 member company that same day.
DuckerFrontier, who administers the study on FGIA’s behalf, requested more time to analyze the ever-changing market in order to better assess forecasting trends. Therefore, the study was distributed about a month later than normal; however, this extra time allowed for updates based upon new information during the pandemic. As part of FGIA’s response to members during COVID-19, a plan has been developed to release updated market information reports every three to four months for the next year.
The study is always a point of interest, but based upon two years of work by members to identify potential new subject areas, properly pose research questions and determine budget impacts, this report now includes many new data points, including the following:
- Large format door openings by frame material, configuration, panels (new segment)
- Residential type vinyl windows in conventional applications (now includes expanded colors, plus new color application type)
- Residential type aluminum windows in conventional applications (new section)
- U.S. non-residential glass and windows market size (now includes expanded aluminum frame finishes)
- Patio door market (now includes new hardware locking types)
- Storm doors and windows (new section)
To order a copy of the new full market study (product code IMS-20), please visit the FGIA Online Store. Corporate members may take advantage of a reduced member rate of $100 (compared to the non-member rate of $4,000). Members may also purchase individual market study reports at significantly reduced rates. The listing of all available market study reports can be found here.
Have questions about the FGIA market study? Comment below.