IGMAC Certification Program for the CGSB 12.8 Standard
Directory updated: April 2022
COVID-19 and IGMAC Update
In consideration of national and global events pertaining to the COVID-19 crisis, effective Immediately IGMAC Certification Program on-site inspections have been suspended.
IGMAC, the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Association of Canada, was formed in 1968 to establish high standards of professional conduct in the design, manufacture, application, installation and maintenance of hermetically sealed insulating glass units. The IGMAC Certification Program recognizes the need for regular and impartial product testing, maintenance of quality control in the manufacturing process and identification of products that conform to these criteria. The minimum standard of performance required for participation in the Certification Program is the highest level of the National Standard of Canada CAN/CGSB 12.8, latest issue.
The Certification Program is sponsored and administered by FGIA who contract with an independent agency to perform audit services.
All manufacturers of insulating glass units produced and/or sold in Canada are invited and encouraged to participate in the IGMAC Certification Program. Participation in the Certification Program is a prerequisite for manufacturing membership in IGMAC however non-members are invited to participate in the program as well.
All inquiries into the IGMAC program should be sent to IGMAC@amscert.com.
- Important Changes to the IGMAC Certification Program
- Proposed Changes to Desiccant Material Equivalency
- How Do I Get IGMAC Certified?
IGMAC Certification Program Document ver. 43
- IGMAC Certification Program Manual
- Appendix B – IGMAC Certification Program Application Form
- Appendix D – IGMAC Auditor Requirements
- Appendix E – Shipping box instructions
- Appendix F – In-plant Quality Control Requirements
- Appendix G – IGMAC In-plant Quality Control Sample forms
- Appendix H – IGCC/IGMA IGMAC Certification Program Component Codes
- Appendix I – Request for Waiver of Re-test
- Appendix K – Certification Program Fees
- Standard License Agreement for Certification
- List of Reviewed Desiccants
- List of Reviewed Sealants
- List of Reviewed Spacers and Integrated Spacer Systems