Don’t Miss the Boat | Register for Vancouver-area Optional Events like Whale Watching, Site Tour
It is almost time for the FGIA Summer Conference in Vancouver, BC! We will be there June 12-15 and there is a jam-packed conference schedule available here. We are so excited to share what we have in store. As you can see, the schedule includes a variety of presentations, panel discussions, and hands-on demonstrations. Numerous committees, councils, and task groups will also have an opportunity to meet.
Plus, there are also several opportunities for networking in the Vancouver area. Register now for three different optional events including a tour of an Intertek testing facility, a whale watching outing and an FGIA-hosted game night. These in-person events are available on a first-come, first-served basis so register now in order to avoid missing out. Separate registration is required for the lab tour and whale watching. June is whale watching season in Vancouver, so now is the perfect time!
- Monday, June 12
- 9:00 a.m., Whale Watching Tour on the Zodiac
- Open-air ride on zodiac style vessels through waters of the Strait of Georgia, the Gulf and San Juan Islands
- Limited to 24 seats, transportation provided
- 9:00 a.m., Intertek Sponsored Lab Tour and Live Demonstrations
- Guided facility tour and air-water-structural (AWS) mock-up test and fire testing demos
- Complimentary food truck-style lunch courtesy of Intertek
- Transportation provided
- 5:30 p.m., Welcome Reception
- Tuesday, June 13
- 5:30-8:30 p.m., "Game On! FGIA Fun Night" A Networking Event
- 5-minute walk to GoodCo. Brewery
- Food stations and wine and beer included, cocktail cash bar available
- Includes fun competitive arcade games and prizes!
- Wednesday, June 14
- 5:15 p.m., Reception (beer and wine)
I can’t wait to see everyone in Vancouver! If you “missed the boat” for the in-person event, you can still register for the virtual experience remotely. Register now!