- FGIA Education Programs
- IG Fabricators Workshop
IG Fabricators Workshop
The IG Fabricators Workshop, led by industry experts, has addressed best practices for the most important aspects of fabricating and testing IG units. The program covers topics such as cleaning, cutting and handling glass, desiccants, sealants, gas fill, frost point and much more.
FGIA offers both in-person and a video series option for this workshop.
In-Person Workshop Registration (limited space available)
Limited space is still available for the next in-person workshop, November 1-3 at the Intertek Testing facility in Plano, TX. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm and request the registration link (first come, first served).
- 1st registration: $890 USD
- 2nd and subsequent registrations (from the same company): $855 USD
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions about group rates.
- All registrations: $990 USD
Video Series Workshop
This series offers a condensed version of the workshop in ten 20–30-minute segments. It is now available for purchase in the FGIA Online Store.
Since its launch in 2016, the IG Fabricator Workshop has hosted more than 300 practitioners of the IG industry, leading them through the most important aspects of fabricating and testing IG units. The workshop, led by industry experts, features a balanced mix of classroom education along with hands-on experiences to discover best practices for cleaning, cutting and handling glass, desiccants, sealants, gas fill, frost point and much more. Participants have continued to provide positive reviews of the workshops.
Comments from Actual Registrants
“The group of experts you had were awesome. They were very attentive, welcoming and helpful.”
“The hands-on portion is awesome. Being able to take what was learned in a presentation and then apply it in real life was really effective.”
“Hosting the event at a testing facility is great… while participants may see the IGU processes discussed at each of the stations every day, they don’t always get to see the testing methods and apparatus conducted from a third party.”
Typical Modules for the Workshop
- Station 1: Glass Cutting and Washing
- Station 2: Spacer and IG Fabrication
- Station 3: Sealants / Hot Melt Sealant / Sealant Adhesion and Butterfly Test
- Station 4: Volatile Fog
- Station 5: Gas Filling and Measurement / Frost Point
- Station 6: Desiccants and Desiccant Matrix
- Station 7: Forensic Investigation of IGU Failures